Planning a move in the near future? Whether it’s across town, to another state or even internationally, packing up all your personal belongings can be an overwhelming task. Don’t fret – we’ve compiled 10 of our best packing tips so that your move is smooth and stress-free! From getting organized ahead of time to finding the right packing materials, we’ll help you make sure nothing gets left behind.
If your move is too much for you to handle on your own, don’t forget that there are professional packing services in Marin County, CA. Here at Luigys Moving & Storage our goal is to save your stress and time. Keep reading to learn more about our top 10 packing tips for a streamlined move in 2023.
Good preparation is the key to successful packing and moving, so let’s get started! Here are our top 10 packing tips for a streamlined move:
- Start packing Allow yourself plenty of time to gather the necessary materials and pack them effectively. If you wait too long, you’ll be left with a rushed job and may find yourself overwhelmed. You don’t need to pack alone, Here at Luigys Moving & Storage we offer a secure and efficient packing service.
- Purge unwanted items from your belongings before packing them up for the moving day. Donate or sell anything you don’t need anymore. This will make the packing job more efficient and help minimize the amount of stuff that you must move.
- Create an inventory of all items that you plan on taking with you during your move. This will come in handy when it comes time to unpack at your new place.
- Pack items according to their type and size, rather than haphazardly filling a box. This will make unpacking much easier when you arrive at your new place.
- Label all boxes with what is inside and where they belong in the house to save yourself time later on.
- Use packing paper or bubble wrap to protect fragile items during transit, especially if they are bulky.
- Use suitcases, laundry baskets, and other containers to transport items that don’t fit into boxes.
- Take advantage of packing services in Marin County, CA to simplify your move. We can help you with organizing and packaging bulky items or fragile belongings for a safe journey to your new home.
- Pack an overnight bag with essential items so you have them easily accessible once you arrive at your new place.
- Be sure to enlist the help of family and friends if you need some extra assistance packing. They can make the process much easier and more enjoyable by providing an extra set of hands. Moving day doesn’t have to be a stressful event when you plan ahead and follow these 10 packing tips. With thorough preparation, you’ll be on your way to a successful move in no time.
If you’re feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of packing, consider hiring a professional moving company that can provide packing services near you. Here at Luigys Moving & Storage we will handle all the heavy lifting for you. We will provide the supplies and expertise to make sure your items are safely packed for transit so that you can relax knowing that all of your belongings will arrive safely at your new home. To learn more, call (415) 413-4646 today to speak with one of our experts on moving services.